Sahasrara is the 7th Chakra that integrates all seven of the Chakras with their individual qualities. Associated with Hindu tradition, the symbol for the Sahasrara is represented by 1,000 multi-colored petals arranged in 20 layers, each of which have 50 petals. This symbol also features a golden pericarp with a circular and a downward pointing triangle. As the source of enlightenment and spiritual connection to all that is, the Sahasrara is the connection to our higher selves, to every being on the planet, and ultimately to the divine energy that creates all things and life forms in the universe. The true nature of the seventh Chakra is beyond human comprehension. No words can do it justice. When our crown chakra is cleansed and open we experience divine union and cosmic love, stretching out forever.
Located at the top of the head (or just above), its keywords are “transcendence” and “pure consciousness.” It is associated with the colors white and purple, and the element consciousness. The seventh chakra is often pictured as a lotus flower, opening to allow spiritual awakening. The Sahasrara is symbolized by the violet crocus (a small, spring-flowering plant) that is intended to show its bloom to the light of the new spring. From ancient Hindu tradition, the color violet represents the culmination of a person’s being, place, and time. It is the color of cosmic awareness and cosmic consciousness. The seventh chakra is an avenue to higher states of consciousness and being. As we develop it, we become increasingly aware of consciousness itself–the eternal part of us that is beyond ego, thought, feeling, and body. This brings more harmony and peace to our lives. When fully awakened, the crown chakra is said to confer unity-consciousness–the supra-mental understanding that separateness from anything, including God, is an illusion. The fully developed seventh chakra unifies us with the Divine Source, as well as everything else in the universe. This is said to be unimaginably blissful.
When the 7th Chakra is unbalanced or blocked, most individuals will feel like they have become spiritually unconnected and may feel like they are living a life without purpose or direction. Various diseases and physical ailments may surface continually without an obvious cause or a root-trigger. A blocked 7th Chakra often leads to feeling incomplete or lost in life without a purpose, being disconnected from your body and spirit, living in a state of constant worry, headaches and mental depression. Therefore, the majority of people who usually lacks alignment in Crown Chakra are the agnostics and atheists. An unhealthy or unbalanced Crown Chakra can lead to serious conditions including dementia, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, isolation, loneliness, stroke, coma, migraines, nervous-system disorders, sleep dysfunction, glandular disorders, chronic pain, epilepsy, apathy, bone cancer and brain cancer.
Five Signs Your Seventh Chakra Is Weak
1. You feel disconnected to the divine in you and around you. You only believe what you can sense with your five physical senses to be real. You have a condescending skepticism towards the spiritual and metaphysical.
2. You have an “everyone for themselves” attitude toward life. You see everything and everyone as separate and distinct from you; as people or things to be controlled, managed, led, tolerated or attacked and defended against. You don’t really feel connected at a deeper level to other people or to the planet.
3. You often feel a sense of abandonment by any higher power and anger for all the injustices you perceive in the world. The opposite extreme can also show up as “self-righteousness” where you place people into distinct us vs. them groups where the us group is right and the them group is wrong.
4. You have a strong attachment to possessions and relationships, and define yourself by what you have and who you are in a relationship with. By attachment I mean that your sense of purpose and well being is attached to your property and your relationships with others. So long as they are where you want them, you feel OK, but are always afraid you are going to lose them. To the extent you do not have the possessions and relationships you desire you believe that their lack is the cause of your unhappiness.
5. You experience any of the following physical symptoms on a frequent or chronic basis: anxiety, depression, migraines, amnesia, ADD, dyslexia, and in the most extreme cases cognitive delusions and mental illness.
This chakra, more than any other, is about complete surrender and dissolution; a letting go of the hold the physical world has on us. While meditating with your hands over your solar plexus, let the little fingers point up and away from you, touching at their tips, while braiding the rest of the fingers with the left thumb underneath the right. Opening of the Crown Chakra allows people to obtain a view of the “bigger picture,” which is extremely important, especially in a state of fear or confusion. An open Crown Chakra provides a feeling of peace, being at one with life, and a better understanding of others. Other symptoms include feeling inspired and energized, realization and liberation from limiting patterns. This chakra allows access to the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom and is often described as the gateway to the cosmic self or the divine self, to universal consciousness. Like the sleepy, misty time of year that produces its rays, violet is the color ray of intuition, dreams, nobility, and the 7th Chakra. As the color ray of influence that begins the cycle of life once again, violet is one of the most powerful rays in nature. It inspires awe, and invites a feeling of mystery and magic, reminiscent of the mystery and magic of life’s rejuvenation and renewal. Violet color rays are powerful aids in interpreting our dreams, inspiring us to great deeds and accomplishments, and putting the magic back in our lives and relationships. When thinking of various violet colored crystals, nothing comes to mind faster than Amethyst, a popular stone for thousands of years. The amethyst ray of vision helps us see into our souls and ourselves. The admonishment “know thyself” is profound advice. Amethyst can help you see yourself as you actually are and it helps you understand how others see you.